University and postgraduate
- MA in Legal Translation (distinction) from City, University of London. Master’s degree with modules on Spanish and English law, legal translation and linguistics.
- DipTrans (IoLET) Spanish into English. Diploma in Translation from the Chartered Institute of Linguists. Internationally recognised qualification that aims to be “a benchmark of professional standards” in the translation industry.
- Bachelor of Business (B.Bus) degree (majoring in macro-economics and HRM) from QUT.
- Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIol). Member (Dip Trans MCIL CL) 43006. Chartered Linguist. Spanish and Catalan into English. IoL’s web page.
- Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI). Member (MITI) Profile page.
- Mediterranean Editors and Translators (MET). “An association of English-language editors & translators.” Member since 2009. Currently serving as secretary on MET’s council.
- Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters of Catalonia (APTIC). Member (APTIC’s web page).
- Native English speaker from Australia. I translate into UK English.
- Fluent in Spanish and Catalan, having lived in Spain since 1999 and studied and used both languages extensively since then.
- Spanish DELE Superior (2001). Advanced Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language from the Instituto Cervantes. CEFR Level C2, mastery or proficiency.
- Catalan Sufficiency Level (C1) certificate (2016). CEFR Level C1, CPNL.